Skip to content
STEP #1: IDENTIFY YOUR SPACE
- Establish ample room to extend your arms and legs in all directions
- Choose a clear, quiet space
- Clear any unnecessary furniture
- Have access to a wall or chair if possible.
- Set the standards: no interruptions for the class duration
- Place your computer, phone or tablet so you can see and hear the instructor clearly
- Remove pets (if they are distracting)
- Put all phones on silent or vibrate
STEP #2: PLAN AHEAD
- Set up your practice space, including necessary yoga props
- Set up computer, tablet or device
- Turn your camera ON! To keep you safe during the session, the teacher will want to SEE you practicing. This is a vital step that often people overlook.
- Check your internet connection and minimize programs that could be impacting download speed (such as Netflix, Dropbox, etc)
- If you are participating in a live streaming class, review the technology requirements.
- Prioritize by allocating time and day to your calendar
STEP #3: GENERAL TIPS
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Have water ready and available
- Practice on an empty stomach
- Set your intention: pretend you are visiting a studio or gym
- Establish boundaries with other people to respect your space and practice time
- Practice with curiosity
- Practice with patience for yourself and for others
- For Live Classes, arrive early and get your camera ready.