About the yoga4cancer Method and Program:
The yoga4cancer methodology is an evidence informed Oncology Yoga practice designed to support all cancer types, stages and needs. This unique method is based on an adapted vinyasa style that encourages movement coordinated with breath, accompanied by well-supported restorative poses and evidence informed meditation techniques. It is adaptable to meet the needs of cancer patients and survivors at any stage of treatment and recovery, and it can be applied in various ways by professionals of many different yoga styles and backgrounds. The 75 hour training program includes:
- The physics and physiology of yoga
- Facts and research about cancer and cancer treatments
- Short and long term side-effects and how yoga can mitigate or reduce them
- Appropriate and inappropriate poses and meditations
- Trauma informed methods on how to talk about cancer and be authentically supportive to individuals
- Guidance on how to create an effective and safe class or individual practice
- +12 hours of guided practice
- Supervised practice teaching with 1 on 1 mentor support to ensure certification
|75 hour program||
|Self-paced, flexible schedule||
|Registration||Registration will open in August 2023 and remain open until the program begins or when the maximum capacity is achieved (125 participants). Early Registration is recommended.|
|Live Interaction (with replays)||
|Mentorship||Ongoing support by Tari Prinster, y4c Team and Mentors.|
|CEU credits||75 Hour of CEUs available for Yoga Alliance and the International Association of Yoga Therapists.|
$1,699 for the 75 hour program
For Yoga Professionals
This advanced training is recommended for experienced, certified yoga teachers or therapists with at least 200 hours of foundational training and 1 year of teaching experience.
- Yoga professionals from any style or lineage are welcome. The method borrows vinyasa principles matching breath to movement and utilizes many approaches that maximize the benefits of yoga for cancer survivors.
- Worldwide professionals are encouraged to participate.
- The program is offered in English but those without a ‘good’ handle of English have used translation services (e.g. Google Translate) successfully.
- A teaching practicum is a requirement for certification. Comfort with teaching and recording an online 20 minute video is required.
- If you have questions about your qualification, please contact email@example.com.
Non-Yoga Professionals: We are developing an option for non-yoga teaching professionals. Do not register for this program if you do not achieve the qualifications. Details of this option will be announced in late 2023.