GIVE BACK YOGA UNIVERSITY
We are honored to be a founding partner in the new Give Back Yoga University founded by Give Back Yoga Foundation.
This specialized yoga university will offer events and courses focused on helping yoga teachers, therapists and enthusiasts to bring yoga to people communities in need such as hospitals, schools, prisons and beyond.
In 2023, Give Back Yoga University will launch five individual coursed to make up the 25-hour Diploma. These courses will focus on yoga for particular conditions (e.g. cancer, eating disorders, addiction), and others explore how multiple issues intersect and intertwine.
At Give Back Yoga University, we know that yoga is more than just a physical practice.
2023 Give Back Yoga University Courses:
- Conversations at the Intersection* – Start Now
- Prison Yoga Project – April 24, 2023
- Eat Breathe Thrive – May 23, 2023
- Yoga of 12-Step Recovery – June 26, 2023
- Yoga4Cancer* – July 24, 2023
Enrollment for all Give Back Yoga University courses now available!
As a valuable member of the yoga4cancer Community, if you register before April 10th on selected courses (*), you save $50. Use the code at registration: Y4C-GIFT
Oncology Yoga – a 5 Hour Course
Starting July 24, 2023
Join Tari Prinster in the Give Back Yoga University launch with a 5 hour course on Oncology Yoga. In this course, Tari Prinster covers why yoga is uniquely suited to ease the side effects of cancer treatment and improve quality of life for cancer survivors.
- The impact of cancer treatments and their side effects on a cancer survivor well-being and long-term survival
- How to identify ways that yoga – specifically Oncology Yoga – can be used to manage side effects and improve quality of life
- Why Oncology Yoga is recommended and how to achieve this higher standard of care
- How to be aware of appropriate and inappropriate yoga practices, asanas and language for cancer patients and survivors
Like all GBYU courses, this is an on-demand and provide continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance and the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Whether you’re a seasoned teacher or just starting out, we hope you’ll find inspiration and resources to make an impact in your community.
As a valuable member of the yoga4cancer Community, , you save $50. Use the code at registration: Y4C-GIFT
Conversations at the Intersection of Yoga and Healing
The course was filmed at a historic meeting that took place last year at the Omega Institute, between the leaders of five nonprofits bringing yoga to people in recovery from addiction and eating disorders, veterans, the incarcerated, and cancer survivors. In these groundbreaking conversations, the leaders discuss how their work intersects and intertwines, what it really means to be ‘trauma informed,’ and how addiction is deeply entangled with issues like eating disorders, cancer, incarceration, and PTSD.